Friday, March 19, 2010

Rambles from the brambles

Feelin' great today. I have managed 2 complete weeks of making to all scheduled gym days and all scheduled 5K training days. Woot!

I still feel like I must be the clumsiest runner around, but I guess that is just how I roll, or in this case - plod. Perhaps gracefulness may come someday.

I am planning on doing swim lessons this summer and am pretty darned excited at the prospect. The city of Austin has great programs for all ages. It is kind of funny for an island born baby who spent countless hours in any water I could find while growing up to need swim lessons. But the open water swim event in the triathlon is daunting to me, so it is time to get busy learning the necessary skills.

Well I am almost to my destination - lunch and rescuing the bike from where I left it downtown last night. Let's all say a small prayer to the bike gods that it is still there with all wheels attached.

I have been trying to talk Mel into contributing to my little endeavor here, so perhaps next time there will be a post from her here. She is on a similar journey and I may even be able to talk here onto a bike sometime soon ;)

See y'all
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

1 comment:

  1. The couple that bikes together can commiserate about their chafing together...!

    Yay, Kai!

    Gracefulness is wonderful, but no fun. It is more inspiring to see a plodding person finish a triathlon than to see a graceful one do it. Boring! Plus, when we trip, we entertain...

    ReplyDelete